Office of Public Information
The Office of Public Information (OPI) consists of three offices – Public Information, Choctaw Video and Communications. OPI is now located at the old museum building across from the Pearl River Community Pool. Below are some examples of what the three offices do on a day-to-day basis:
- Press Releases
- Event Management – Groundbreakings, Ribbon Cuttings & some Tribal Events
- MBCI Website & Social Media Updates
- On-Site Media Management – Media Interviews, Set-up of Interviews & Photo Shoots
- Logo & Photography Management
- Photography – News Stories, Tribal, Schools or Program Events
- Promotional Materials
- Print Production
- Tribal Tours
- Choctaw Indian Princess Schedule
- Video Requests – Tribal, School or Program Events and outside paid jobs
- DVD Orders & Production
- Funeral Programs
- Graphic Design Work
Created in 1997 under the Government Services Division, the Public Information office serves as the public relations filter between the Tribe and outside media sources/community. The Public Information office is the one-stop shop for tours of the Choctaw Reservation, Choctaw Princess appearances, group presentations, video & photography, print production, etc.
Communications was created to produce the Choctaw Community News. Since then the office has expanded their duties to include funeral programs for tribal members, event programs, brochures, flyers and graphic design.
The video production arm of OPI, this office records and edits all tribal events, any requested program and contract events. Channel 5 News, Facebook and YouTube videos are produced by this office. Public Service Announcements (PSAs) can also be created by the Choctaw Video staff.
|Follow Us on|